Hey my loves,
today I am sharing with you my recipe for Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting! I hope you like this and bake it for yourself afterwards!
ingredients for the cupcake
- 112 g Butter
- 112 g Dark Chocolate
- 112 g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Flour
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- a handful of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius (350F).
- Melt butter and chocolate. Stir until the butter and chocolate are completely melted. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
In a large mixing bowl combine your dry ingredients.
- Add the two eggs one at a time to your butter chocolate mixture and combine them.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Don’t over whisk your mixture. I added a splash of milk to make it more smooth. But I think it really depends on the size of your eggs.
- Add your chocolate chips to the mixture and fold them in lightly.
- Line your cupcake pan with liners. And fill in your mixture. I filled them up half!
- Bake your cupcakes 20-25 minutes or until a wooden stick inserted in one of the cupcakes comes out clean. They should look like that:
Let your cupcakes cool down while you prepare the Salted Caramel Frosting.
ingredients for the frosting
- 115 g Butter
- 125ml Heavy Cream
- 1tsp. Vanilla
- 225g Brown Sugar (I didn’t have enough so I used a mixture of brown and normal sugar)
- pinch of Salt
- 500g Confectioners Sugar, sifted
In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-heat, combine the butter, cream, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt. Let it cook and stir the mixture occasionally, until the sugar melts and the mixture comes to a low simmer; about 4 minutes.
Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool for 2 minutes, then transfer the mixture into a larger mixing bowl.
- Add half of the confectioners sugar to it and combine it well. Then add the other half and repeat the step.
- Place your mixture into a piping bag and decor your cupcakes as you like it.
What is your favorite frosting for cupcakes? Tell me in the comments. If you liked this entry make sure to give it a thumbs up and feel free to share it on social media.
I wish you all a wonderful day and happy baking!