Hey my loves,
Recently I have been trying out a few recipes that I always wanted to try, one of them being a Squash Lasagna. Yes, you read that right a lasagne with squash. When I looked at the ingredients I thought to myself, “Well, you like everything individually, why shouldn’t you like it together?”. And I was right. While this recipe does take a lot longer than a normal lasagne it was tasty, when I tried it the night I made it I wasn’t sure about it, but the second day I was convinced – it is delicious.
- 1,5 kg red kuri squash
- 2 onions
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tub of créme fraîche
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic & herbs
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 750 ml milk of your choice
- salt & pepper
- 200g lasagna plates
- 200g shredded cheese
- Peel and cut your squash. The smaller the pieces the faster your squash will cook through in the pan.
- Peel and slice your onions and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat up a pan or pot with some olive oil.
- Add your onion and garlic into the pan and let them golden. Then add the squash.
- Cook the squash for a little bit before you add your seasonings (around 10 minutes).
- Add your two cans of crushed tomatoes. I added some extra seasonings here.
- Cook the tomato-squash mixture until the squash has soften a lot (around another 15-20 minutes).
- Add your tub of créme fraîche and season again. Squash can take a lot of seasoning.
- While your filling is cooking, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a pot melt the butter and then add the flour. Combine these to until the mixture has a light golden tint.
- Add your milk to the butter-flour mixture and whisk it together until there are no clumps left. Bring the mixture to a boil and it should thicken up.
- In an oven form start with a spoonful of filling, then add your lasagna plates. On top of those add the filling and the béchamel sauce and a little bit of shredded cheese. Continue this step until you run out of filling and sauce.
- Bake the lasagna for 40 minutes in the oven. Enjoy!
It was super delicious but I probably would cook it again if I had friends over because it takes a lot of time. But it is so worth it. Have you tried a new recipe? Let me know, I would love to know.
I wish you all a wonderful day!