Hey my loves,
I’ve been living on my own for over three years now and after I finished with my Bachelor thesis I decided that even though I will be a student for two more years, I do want an apartment that is more suited to my adult life. I also wanted a lot more color in my space as well as some much needed organization. So, right after my little holiday in the middle of July I started redoing my whole apartment – kicking it off with my living room.
Simplistic & Clean
I had a white canvas in 2016. I had white-ish floors and white walls, and I thought to myself, well I always wanted a grey wall. So I painted it grey (well, since I am horrible at painting, I had a little help here).
The couch I bought of Ebay for about 20 bucks. It was such a steal, because it’s condition was absolutely flawless and at that time a new couch just wasn’t in the budget.
I used some of my old IKEA furniture from my room like my ‘Billy bookcases‘ and a small coffee table.
I had to buy a new office desk since mine wasn’t in a good condition, I went with the IKEA ‘Linnmon Table Top‘ in white and paired it with the ‘Lerperg Legs‘ in white. I also had the classical ‘Alex Drawer Unit‘ in white to store all my office bits in.
I really wanted it to be as simplistic and clean as possible, but honestly I felt there was a lot of me and warmth to the room missing. But I really didn’t have the energy to change it around back then.
Now, when you’re redoing a room and you decide you want to invest in some quality pieces that you have for a long time it is necessary to really be sure of what style you want. As for myself, I knew that I wanted and needed a new couch and that I wanted to incorporate some more wood tones. I also wanted to fill the space where the office desk used to be. I decided to create a little office nook in my bedroom. I wanted my living room purely for living and entertaining. So I planned out what I wanted:
I also wanted to bring in some color and I was pretty set on finding a wallpaper that was an exact match:
I love this color! It is one of my favorite colors and I think it is a beautiful warm color that makes every home feel so much more homey.
The Finished Result
I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It is so cozy.
Here is everything I added:
- Pink Armchair is from Wayfair: Canora Grey – Armchair
- Bar Cart is from Wayfair: 17 Stories – Food Cart Cypress Lake
- LetterBoard is from Wayfair: Bright Life – Letter Board
- Globe is from Wayfair: Rosdorf Park – Globe
- Standing Lamp is from Wayfair: Home Loft Concept – Standing Lamp
- Table Lamp ist from Wayfair: Home Loft Concept – Table Lamp
- Amber Light Bulb is from Wayfair: Wayfair Basics – Light Bulb
- Brown Carpet is from Wayfair: Sansibar Home – Handmade Carpet
- Bookshelf is from Wayfair: Norden Home – Latter Bookshelf
- Side Table is from Wayfair: Metro Lane – Side Table
- Couch is from OTTO: Home Affair – Marseille 3seater Couch
- Coffee Table is from IKEA: Lunnarp Coffee Table
- Climbing Fig is from IKEA: Fejka Artificial Plant
- Succulents are from IKEA: Fejka Artificial Succulents
- Fake Grass Plant is from IKEA: Fejka Grass Artificial Plant
- Oregano is from IKEA: Fejka Artificial Oregano Plant
- Rosemary is from IKEA: Fejka Artificial Rosemary Plant
- House Bamboo is from IKEA: Fejka Artificial House Bamboo Plant
- Thyme is from IKEA: Fejka Artificial Thyme Plant
- Plant Pot with Design is from IKEA: Chiafrön Plant Pot in White
- Plant Pot White/Brown is from IKEA: Uppvakta Plant Pot
- Flower Print is from Desenio: Peonies and Roses
- Wood Frame is from Desenio: Picture Frame Oak
- Gold Hanging Frame was from H&M, here is a smaller hanging frame
- Placemats are from H&M: Straw Placemats
- Amazon Echo Dot 3
- Chenile Cushion Cover is from H&M
- Cable-Knit Cushion Cover is from H&M
- Round Velvet Cushion Cover (beige) is from H&M
- Small Metal Storage Basket is from H&M
- Storage Basket is from H&M
I hope this blog post gives you a good insight on how to transform your living room.
I wish you all a wonderful day!