Hey my loves,
in today’s blog post I am sharing with you my favorite cookie recipe I like to use for baking. Christmas is a time where I spent most of my days in the kitchen, I just love every taste of Christmas and I love Christmas baking.
This recipe is super easy and super quick to follow. I made my dough on Wednesday and wanted to make them on that day, but was not able to, so I did them today, hence why the entry today is a little bit late.
- 500g flour
- 2 flattened teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 1 package vanilla sugar, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g butter
- Melt the butter and let it cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 175 celsius.
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Mix sugar, vanilla extract and butter together.
- Slowly whisk in the flour until you have a smooth dough. You might need to use your hands after mixing in half of the flour to knead the dough.
- Let the dough sit in a colder room or in the fridge for 30 minutes up to an hour, but you can also leave the dough for a couple of days in the fridge or even freeze it.
- Roll out the dough with some extra flour and cut out the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Feel free to vary the recipe, you can add some ground up nuts or decorate it after with chocolate. Do whatever you want!
I hope you enjoyed today’s entry and I wish you all a wonderful day!