Hey my loves,
in today’s blog post I am going to talk about how I achieve a glowy and longlasting makeup look that will stay on for up to 14 hours without smudging.
Winter is the time of the year when your skin dries out and you need to give it that little extra attention and love in order to make your makeup look good. So I usually start my day off with a good skincare routine that gives my skin enough moisture. For that I use the L’Oreál Hydra – Genius Aloe Water for Sensitive Skin as well as The Ordinary – Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil.
A Step by Step Guide
- I like to apply a sticky primer that will allow the foundation to better adhere to the skin than anything else. For that I use The Ordinary – High Adherence Silicone Primer. Let me tell you, this stuff is cheap and AMAZING! I switched to it around two months ago and it changed the game on a whole other level. I just really love The Ordinary products, so if you haven’t checked their stuff out already definitely do so.
- Next I use a lightweight foundation that has almost the same effect as a CC Cream. Truth be told, I only like wearing lightweight foundations these days, because I feel like heavier foundations just clock up my pores and also do not last as long. My current obsession is The Ordinary – Serum Foundation that stuff is pure gold and under eight bucks.
- If I need extra coverage for pimples or for under my eyes I like to use the L’Oréal Paris – Infaillible Concealer. It’s high coverage but does not clog up the pores to much, but to be fair, I do not need my makeup to be perfect for everyday College life which basically means I usually step this step.
- Next I like to set my entire face with loose setting powder. As of my birthday I am using the Laura Mercier – Translucent Setting Powder and I absolutely love it! It’s super fine and feels lightweight on the skin.
- Last but not least I like to set my entire face of makeup with a glowy setting spray. The one that I am using is the NYX – Glowy Finish Setting Spray. It is the final touch to my makeup and it absolutely makes a difference when I use it.
Above you can see a full face with all the products I’ve mentioned as well as obviously some eye makeup, blusher, bronzer and highlighter. I just love how my skin looks with all the products. It’s perfect for Winter!
What are some of your favorite makeup products that you love to use during Winter? Tell me in the comments, I would love to know.
I wish you all a wonderful day!