Hey my loves,
in today’s blog post I am going to talk about one of my favorite recipes the last couple of weeks. It’s a vegetable bulgur bowl which is fueled with lots of great veggies and healthy carbs and is perfect for making in a big batch and eat all week. I have been loving cooking this on my meal prep day and it’s so versatile. You can eat it cold for lunch, you can mix it into a salad or you can eat it hot and make meat or fish to it. I just really like it!
This recipe lasted me for an entire week for about a meal a day, but it might last a little longer if you halve the portion, for example when you put it into a salad.
- 1 cup (uncooked) Bulgur
- 1 1/2 tsp. vegetable stock (powder) or about 2 cups if liquid, otherwise add 2 cups of water to the powdered stock
- 1 can corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can mushrooms (or 200 g fresh mushrooms)
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt, pepper, spicy paprika, garlic powder and chili powder (about 1-2 tsp. each)
- Mix together bulgur and water with the vegetable stock and cook first on high heat for about 5 minutes and then on medium to low heat for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the corn, the kidney beans and the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Rinse, dry and dice the carrots, zucchini and red bell paper.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium to high heat and start off with the carrots. After two minutes add the red bell pepper and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the veggies. Cook until the carrots are soft.
- Season the veggies to your liking I added salt, pepper, spicy paprika, garlic powder and chili powder. Stir.
- Add the bulgur to the veggies and mix them together. Let them cool of and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you enjoyed today’s entry and I wish you a wonderful day!