Hey my loves,
today I’m sharing my essentials I bring with me for long train journeys. On Sunday I’m going to spend about six hours on a train to visit my family in South Germany and I thought I would give you an inside to the things I’m bringing with me to keep me entertained during my journey.
I always use a big bag or in this case my beautiful printed backpack from Bonprix. And to keep me entertained in various ways I bring different forms of entertainment:
- writing pad & pen
- I’m probably going to bring more than just one pen, but for this photo one was more than enough. I usually bring a pencil and some highlighter pens with me as well.
- I love doing Sudoku and this one is an especially hard on with 12×12 and 16×16 ones.
- I always bring my diary no matter where I go, I write blog ideas down in there and have my calendar always with me.
- a Book
- I haven’t gotten around to finish this one so I’m bringing “Chris Carter – The Crucifix Killer” with me even though I have about 150 pages left, but I didn’t want to bring another since I’m planning on reading the whole series of the ‘Robert Hunter Thriller’.
- Tablet, Phone & Headphones
- I’m not bringing my laptop with me on this trip so instead I’m taking my tablet from Samsung with me, so I can still watch Netflix and Youtube on a bigger screen than my phone. And also I’m hoping for internet on the train so I can binge watch the second season of ‘Daredevil’ on Netflix.
- On my phone I have installed my Audible app with a new audio book, last time I listened to a book by Sebastian Fitzek called ‘Das Joshua Profil’ and this time I bought ‘Amokspiel’ by the same author.
- And last but not least I always bring my headphones for listening to music, my audio book or to watch Netflix and YouTube.
- Lip Balm, Tangle Teezer and Sanitzing Hand Gel
And of course I bring snacks and drinks, but I haven’t bought them yet. But one of my food essentials is bubble gum or some sort of refresher. And I usually buy a couple of magazines at the train station. And I forgot to put this to my essentials photo, but I also am bringing a portable charger with me just in case I don’t have a power outlet at my seat.
What are your travel essentials on longer journeys? Tell me in the comments. And if you enjoyed this entry make sure to give it a thumbs up and feel free to share it on any social media platform.