Hey my loves,
Valentine’s Day is coming up and sometimes you’re not in a relationship and don’t want to spend your day all alone, you want to spent it with your better half, your best friend. So I thought I bring to you some of my ideas what you could do to avoid drifting into the Valentine’s blues. You could do numerous things, for example watch a movie (I’m going to see Deadpool *.*) or you could make your own spa at home. But whatever it is, make sure to have fun with it! So here are my ideas:
Watch Movies or binge watch your favorite TV Shows together
I love watching movies with my friends, especially when they are movies you can laugh about or make fun of. Here is a list of movies, you could watch:
Cook or Bake Together
I find it always very fun to cook/bake with friends, you get to talk and can try out new recipes together. Here is one of my favorite recipes for a Devil’s Food Cake:
- 280g Butter (at Room Temperature)
- 4cl Espresso
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 200ml Milk
- 110 Cacao Powder (unsweetened)
- 220g Flour
- 300g Sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 200ml Cream
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Put 130g of the butter, espresso, honey and milk in a pot and warm it up on low heat until the butter has completely melted.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the cacao powder, flour, baking powder and the vanilla.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl until they are frothy. Then add the liquid butter mixture and after you whisk everything together add your dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into your cake tin and put the cake into the oven for ca. 25 minutes.
- Chop your dark chocolate into small chunks and heat the cream up in a small pot on low heat. Mix the rest of the butter with the chocolate and pour over the hot cream and mix until smooth. Let the mixture cool for ca. 10 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto your cooled down cake and decorate with whatever you like.
If you want something more healthier you could always try my Couscous Chicken Salad!
Make your own mask & do a Mani-Pedi for each other
I love a good spa session at home. I find it very relaxing and to do it with your best friend makes it so much fun. You could manicure each other hands and get creative or make your own face mask. I tend to do my own mask, whenever I don’t have any from the drugstore at hand. I can just speak for myself and I really like it, but I can’t promise that you might not have a reaction to it.
Greek Yogurt Mask with Honey & Lemon
- 3 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
I usually leave it on for about 15-25 Minutes and then I wash my face with some water and moisturize. You could also do those: Homemade Face Mask Recipes or it’s always easier to just buy masks. Or I also find this quite helpful DIY Yogurt Masks:
I hope I could give you an idea of what to do on Valentine’s Day! Let me know in the comments what your plans are? I’m going to watch Deadpool, so excited!
I wish you all a wonderful day!