Hey my loves,
surprise! yet another entry on a Wednesday this month! I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to share this recipe with you before it is Christmas, so that you might have something to bake! I’m sharing my Christmas Swirl Sugar Cookies recipe with you today. I hope you enjoy it and if you recreate them make sure to take photos and tag me on them on any social media!
The Results – What they look like
ingredients – what you will need
- 140g Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 250g Butter (cut into small chunks)
- red and green food coloring
instructions – what you have to do
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Using a wooden spoon mix together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla and the egg yolk. Add the flour and mix until it is all combined to form a dough.
- Separate the dough into three equals chunks. Wrap one of the chunks in clean film and to the other two add the food coloring and color them in. Wrap them in clean film as well and put the dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out your doughs in a similar shade and put the dough without food coloring as your base, lay over the green one and lastly the red. Slowly roll the dough together and wrap it again in clean film and put it for another 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cut the dough into little pieces. Use some egg yolk on the edges to give the sprinkles something to stick to and roll the cookies through it.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes until they are lightly golden brown. And after that they should look something like that:
I hope you liked this entry, make sure to give it a thumbs up if you did! Let me know in the comments, if you ever tried to make them!
I wish you all a wonderful day and Merry Christmas!