Hey my loves,
today I am sharing my Devil’s Food Cake recipe with you! I was baking it for my annual Christmas Dinner with my friends! I hope you enjoy this entry and if you bake this cake yourself, tag me on any social media! I would love to see your recreations!
Results – how the cake looks like
ingredients – what you will need
- 280g Butter (at Room Temperature)
- 4cl Espresso
- 2 tbsp. Honey (I used Agave Syrup)
- 200ml Milk
- 110 Cacao Powder (unsweetened)
- 220g Flour
- 300g Sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 200ml Cream
instructions – what you have to do
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Put 130g of the butter, espresso, honey and milk in a pot and warm it up on low heat until the butter has completely melted.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the cacao powder, flour, baking powder and the vanilla.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl until they are frothy. Then add the liquid butter mixture and after you whisk everything together add your dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture into your cake tin and put the cake into the oven for ca. 25 minutes.
- Chop your dark chocolate into small chunks and heat the cream up in a small pot on low heat. Mix the rest of the butter with the chocolate and pour over the hot cream and mix until smooth. Let the mixture cool for ca. 10 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto your cooled down cake and decorate with whatever you like. I used Ferrero Rocher and grated white chocolate.
I hope you liked this entry, make sure to give it a thumbs up if you did! Let me know in the comments, if you ever tried to make a Devil’s Food Cake and what you maybe did differently!
I wish you all a wonderful day!