Hey my loves,
today I am sharing with you my recipe for one of my favorite things to eat during fall: Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup. I have to admit though that the recipe I present to you today was kind of created while cooking the other day. I had bought a small pumpkin and also I had one sweet potato left so I thought I would just experiment a little and let me tell you it was the best thing I’ve ever cooked so far in my life! It was so delicious, you just have to make it yourself! Here’s everything you need to know:
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 small red onions
- 2 slices of garlic
- 1l Vegetable Stir
- Olive Oil
- Agave Syrup
- Vegetable Peeler
- A Big Cooking Pot
- A Measure Cup
- A Mixer (Make sure that your mixer works with heat!)
- A Wooden Spoon
- Skin your pumpkin and sweet potato, rinse with water and then cut them into small dices. The smaller you cut them now the faster they will be cooked!
- Dice the two small onions and crush the garlic.
- In a big cooking put heat up some olive oil – about a tablespoon. Sauté the onions and garlic up to the point when the onions turn transparent.
- Add now your Agave Syrup – I put in about a wooden spool full of it. (You can totally leave the syrup out if you want!)
- Now stir the mixture in the put until the syrup has thickened up.
- Now add the sweet potato and pumpkin. You need to turn the heat a little bit down in order not to be burning your vegetables. Put on the lit and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cut your red bell pepper into small pieces and put aside.
- Prepare your vegetable stir. I used a powder mix which I had to combine with water. I added about a liter of it, but it really depends on how thick you like your soup to be. If you like it thinner you could add 1 1/2 liter of vegetable stir.
- After the 10 minutes passed stir your mixture and add the bell pepper.
- After you added the bell pepper add the vegetable stir and give it a good stir. Put the lit back on and let it simmer on medium heat until the pumpkin and sweet potato are so soft that you could mash them with your spoon.
- Turn off the heat and put the cooking pot aside. Get your mixer and slowly add you mixture into it and mix it carefully! I would recommend to do it in smaller portions and to leave the little thing in the middle of your lid off, so that the heat can evade.
- After you put the whole mixture through the mixer you can put it back into the cooking pot and heat it up again. Now you can add salt, pepper and chili flakes how you prefer it!
I hope you give this recipe a go and if you do please share your experience with me! Tag me on Instagram or Twitter! Or let me know in the comments!
I wish you all a wonderful day!